Wendelle Stevens

From Future Of Mankind

This article is not an official FIGU publication.

Wendelle C. Stevens (1923-2010) was an investigator and researcher of UFO’s. His interest grew and he inevitably gathered such precise knowledge and clarifications of high-secret military as well as military findings concerning unidentified flying objects, that the state itself at a national level in the USA, feared that he could divulge what he had learnt to the general public and spread the truth. He was however too honourable and gentlemanly to ever cause a fuss about it, but they made cutbacks to his freedom of expression anyway just as a precautionary measure.[1]

  • Eventually he amassed the largest private collection of UFO photographs in the world.[2]

The first and one of the more thorough investigations into the Billy Meier case was carried out by Wendelle Stevens and his team, which consisted of Tom Welch, Lee Elders and Brit Elders, in the late 1970’s and early 1980’s, clearing the way for many folks to follow their team in the same suit.[3]

Short Biography

Wendelle Stevens (image credit: Maritza Keefe)

Born and raised in 1923 in Round Prairie, Minnesota, United States of America, Wendelle Stevens enlisted in the Army shortly after high school. He graduated from the Lockheed Aircraft Maintenance & Repair School, Aviation Cadet Training and Fighter Pilot Advanced Training as a very young 2nd Lieutenant in the US Army Air Corps. After that he attended the first Air Corps Flight Test Pilot School at Kelly Field, where he learned to fly all the aircraft of the Air Corps at the time, as well as a few US Navy aircraft. During his long career in the military, one of his assignments was the supervision of a highly classified team of technical specialists who were installing hi-tech data collecting equipment aboard the

Wendelle Stevens as a Major at the Wright Air Development Center in Dayton, Ohio.

SAC B-29s of the Ptarmigon Project – a research project which was photographing and mapping every inch of the Arctic land and sea area. This equipment was designed to capture, record & analyse all EMF emissions in the Arctic, photograph all anomalous phenomena, and record all disturbances in the electrical and engine systems of the aircraft – looking for external influences caused by UFOs. The data was then couriered nightly to Washington. He retired from the USAF in 1963 and worked for Hamilton Aircraft until 1972.

Unable to possess any of this information for himself, Stevens began his own research and collection effort, eventually amassing the largest private collection of UFO photographs in the world. He began to publish reports on the events, and wrote many illustrated articles for many UFO publications. Disenchanted with the dearth of detail on contact events reported in books and journals of the time, he began preparing detailed reports of his own, self-funded, investigations. His most famous one was the Billy Meier case. He has published more than 22 books.

Wendelle Stevens was actively involved in ufology for 54 years, first as Director of Investigations for the Aerial Phenomena Research Organization (APRO) in Tucson, Arizona, where he retired. Wendelle was a founder of the International UFO Congress and was a director since its inception.

In December 1997 he received an award for lifetime achievement at the First World UFO Forum in Brazilia, capital of Brazil. Towards the end of his life, he transferred his extensive photo collection, library and archives to Open Minds Productions.

UFO research pioneer, Wendelle Stevens passed away on 7th September, 2010 at 4:44 pm in Tucson, Arizona from respiratory failure.[4]

Video: Wendelle Stevens Opinion on The Meier Case

Wendelle convinced himself that ‘The Meier Case’ is authentic because he researched it and visited Eduard in Switzerland, up to 13 times.[citation needed





(FOM Note: Readers are welcome to write up and submit the transcripts of these video’s and include them here for the readers posterity, if you would like to)

Research efforts

Unable to possess any of this information for himself, Stevens began his own research and collection effort, eventually amassing the largest private collection of UFO photographs in the world. He began to publish reports on the events and wrote many illustrated articles for many UFO publications.[5]

Upon finding out about the Billy Meier UFO case he visited Billy at his home in Switzerland several times before deciding he had seen and heard enough credible and convincing evidence and events to warrant a full scientific investigation.[6]

conclude his team’s findings.

Contact Report Translations

In 1979 Wendelle Stevens acquired 1,800 pages from Eduard in the form of 18 volumes of 100 pages each, the entire first edition German contact notes, Semjase Kontakt Berichte 1st Edition, which he then produced Message from the Pleiades with.

The main source for listings in Contacts 3-9, 11-106 & 115 is Wendelle Stevens' 4-volume "Message From The Pleiades: the Contact Reports of Eduard Billy Meier", an incomplete (sections critical of religion & politics have often been excluded; see MFTP4 pg.49), edited and often incorrect English-language translation of the original German-language Contact Reports [the CD-ROM reissues of MFTP1 & MFTP2 are unexpurgated but do not contain all the Stevens annotation material; also the photos are cropped differently with the edges containing more photo material than the print version]. Information given for Contacts 107-114 & 116-present is based on rough machine-translated excerpts of German-language excerpts often found in the FIGU Bulletins, and from skimming the German-language Contact Reports for names, places, and other nouns [readily identifiable to the compiler]; these are not meant to reflect the full contents of any given Contact Report. Full informational reliability on any given topic, quotation or event can only be had from a careful reading of the German-language Contact Reports, "Plejadisch-plejarische Kontaktberichte" & "Semjase-Bericht", available from FIGU (Freie Interessengemeinschaft fur Grenz- und Geisteswissenschaften und Ufologiestudien [The Free Community of Interests in Fringe and Spiritual Sciences and Ufological Studies]): The origin of the English-language translation in Stevens' books (published 1988-1995) is as follows, to the best of my reasoning with the information provided. The original English-language translation of the Contact Reports was done "by a young German college student who spent a great deal of time at the Meier home, living with them and observing the various witnesses in their daily lives, and seeking very careful explanations. His translations were then checked and approved, as he proceeded, by both the others at the home and by Eduard Meier himself." (MFTP preface). Stevens purchased an edited variation (MFTP2 pg.151) of this translation in 1979 as a "standard approved 1,800 pages in 100-page booklets" (MFTP4 pg.403), which had been "copied by Amata Stetter, who partly changed the meaning unauthorized and also copied wrong" (Meier, MFTP4 pg.404). The errors in the previously approved copies were discovered by FIGU circa 1992, "accordingly we had to correct and to print everything again" (Meier, MFTP4 pg.404). Take into consideration that there are not only omissions in the Stevens books, but also, more crucially, interpretation, translation and various clerical errors throughout (sentence numbering, spelling, numerical, etc.).[7]

Research Professor Emeritus James Deardorff (Oregon State University) donated a copy of the 1,800 pages of unapproved (by Stevens) English translations (author unidentified) provided to Stevens by one of the early translators to Billy Meier UFO Research source. Which they have refered to as ‘UET-WS’ (Unapproved English Translations of Wendelle Stevens). Presumably these 4 versions of English translations were made during the period from 1979 to the early 1980s. Deardorff told them that he got these translations somewhere around 1985-1986 from a person named Roberta Brooks who at that time worked at the ‘American Office of FIGU’ situated in Alamogordo, New Mexico, USA. Wendelle has published two editions of the translations of the 1,800 pages. The first edition contained 4 volumes published between 1988 and 1995 and the second edition which contained 2 volumes was published in e-book format only in 2004 & 2005. The second edition contains information that has been expurgated and censored in the first edition because it was considered to be libellous under US law.


Unfortunately many small mistakes occurred in the original translations which have since been documented in notes included in various Contact Reports. However since then, translators have come along to offer better translations and mostly these little mostly minor mistakes have since been corrected. Wendelle Stevens done ever so well to make those translations at the time he did, and they were very well appreciated around the world.

Time Travel with Asket

In 2020 Christian Frehner replied to emails from Michael Horn who wrote a blog and published the photo https://theyflyblog.com/2020/11/billy-meier-time-travel-and-groom-lake/ about how Wendelle Stevens:

“Asket had brought Wendelle into the future to that day when the first test flight [of stealth fighter jet] had occurred. He made the photos, and then they returned back to their normal time.

You can compare the incident with the one when Billy visited the San Francisco disaster in the future.”

In 2020 Contact Report 757 Ptaah and Billy remarks that this time travel by Wendelle Stevens is one of the secrets he kept. The other secrets are related to the Great Journey. He said in 2020:

...now that he has gone, as Asket said when I asked her that she would probably not have to keep her silence anymore, she gave some dates where and when you first saw and met Wendelle Stevens. According to her, that was in the United States of America on the 14th of May 1969, in an area called Casa Adobes, but where the three of you had been several times until 1975, in areas Asket called 'Saguoro area', 'Javslina Rocks', 'Pine top Lake' and 'Gila Bend'. Asket also told me that she had given Wendelle Stevens the date and location of a forthcoming secret test flight concerning a secret new type of fighter aircraft, the F-117A, which was to take place in June 1981 in an area called Groom Lake. He was tempted to use it to penetrate and hide in the area and then, when the test flight was made, to take a large number of photographs at the risk of his life. If he had been noticed by the many guards who were securing the whole area, he would have been shot immediately without a phone call, as Asket said.

Some of the commentary has been promotional of this secret story, that Wendelle Stevens could be the first time traveller from USA in history. Some of the commentary has however been less promotional of this secret story, because later Wendelle Stevens went to prison, which is regrettable but directly correlates with his previous activities in Ufology.

Conviction and prison sentence

Contact Report 709 (Excerpt)

Source: Contact Report 709, FIGU Bulletin 104, FIGU Bulletin 104 (German) (External)

British English Schweizer Standarddeutsch FIGU.png

Excerpt from the 709th contact conversation

Auszüge aus dem 709. Kontaktgespräch
from 29th of July, 2018

vom 29. Juli 2018


Unfortunately, the Earth-humans are so involved in all the lies and slander in connection with the so-called UFOs, as well as with our contacts and with the false and various lying accusations against Wendelle Stevens, that they consider the lies and slander as truth and are no longer able to recognise the effective real reality and its truth. And as far as the investigation into the false accusations against him were concerned at the time, it corresponds to the fact that our very precise findings have shown that the whole thing was based on slander coordinated by the state in order to silence him in several respects. The whole thing was on the one hand related to his knowledge of high-secret military clarifications and military findings concerning unidentified flying objects, of which it was feared that he could divulge it and spread the truth, but which he never had in mind to do in the preservation of his honour and duty of confidentiality. On the other hand, he could not be allowed to continue his public activities in such a way that he would have been able to provide the irrefutable evidence for the correctness of the contacts between you and us, to which he would have contributed as a result of ...... ...which was the reason why he did everything he could to get Lee and Brit Elders and the 'Savadove Young Films' crew to do the contact film work. However, Wendelle Stevens kept his promise and remained silent until his death that he would ........., in which he also kept the irrefutable evidence of our existence and our contacts with you as securely as the ......... which should have been handed over to the US government if our attempts to contact it had come about, but which was not the case for reasons known to you. So Wendelle Stevens kept all the important documents that were provided with our security equipment, but through which we carried out the destruction of the entire material when we realised that it was impossible for us to contact the US government. For reasons unknown to us, however, some information had penetrated, which is why the U.S. intelligence services, the U.S. military, and the U.S. government followed certain clues that led to harassment of Wendelle Stevens and ultimately led to him being falsely accused of sexual intercourse with minors, convicting him, and imprisoning him. Leider sind die Erdenmenschen derart in all die Lügen und Verleumdungen im Zusammenhang mit den sogenannten UFOs verstrickt, wie auch hinsichtlich unserer Kontakte sowie mit den falschen und diversen lü- genhaften Anschuldigungen gegen Wendelle Stevens, dass sie die Lügen und Verleumdungen als Wahrheit erachten und die effective reale Wirklichkeit und deren Wahrheit nicht mehr zu erkennen vermögen. Und was die damaligen Nachforschungen bezüglich der falschen Anschuldigungen gegen ihn betrifft, entspricht es der Tatsache, dass unsere äusserst genauen Erkenntnisse ergeben haben, dass das Ganze auf Verleumdungen beruhte, die von staatlicher Seite koordiniert waren, um ihn in mehrfacher Hinsicht zum Schweigen zu bringen. Das Ganze war einerseits auf sein Wissen entsprechend hochgeheimer militärischer Abklärungen und militäri- scher Erkenntnisse in puncto unidentifizierter Flugobjekte bezogen, wovon befürchtet wurde, dass er es preis- geben und die Wahrheit verbreiten könnte, was er aber in Erhaltung seiner Ehre und Schweigepflicht nie im Sinn hatte zu tun. Anderseits durfte auch nicht sein, dass er weiterhin öffentlich derart tätig war, dass er die unumstösslichen Beweise für die Richtigkeit der Kontakte zwischen dir und uns hätte erbringen können, wozu er ja infolge ... ... ... in der Lage gewesen wäre, was ja auch der Grund dafür war, dass er alles veranlasste, damit er sowie Lee und Brit Elders und die ‹Savadove Young Films›-Crew die Arbeit bezüglich des Contact- Films durchführen konnten. Wendelle Stevens hielt jedoch sein Versprechen und schwieg darüber bis zu sei- nem Ableben, dass er ... ... ..., wobei er auch die unwiderlegbaren Beweise für unsere Existenz und unsere Kontakte mit dir ebenso derart sicher verwahrte wie auch die ... ... ..., die an die Regierung der USA hätten aus- gehändigt werden sollen, wenn unsere Kontaktversuche zu ihr zustande gekommen wären, was jedoch aus dir bekannten Gründen nicht der Fall war. Wendelle Stevens verwahrte also die gesamten wichtigen Unterlagen, die mit unserer Sicherheitsapparatur versehen waren, durch die wir jedoch die Zerstörung des gesamten Mate- rials durchführten, als wir erkennen mussten, dass eine Kontaktaufnahme mit der Regierung der USA für uns unmöglich wurde. Aus uns unbekannten Gründen waren jedoch irgendwelche Informationen durchgedrungen, weshalb die US-Geheimdienste, die US-Militärs und US-Regierung gewissen Hinweisen folgten, die Drangsalie- rungen gegen Wendelle Stevens zur Folge hatten und letztendlich dazu führten, ihn unter falsche Anschuldi- gung bezüglich sexueller Handlungen mit Minderjährigen zu stellen, ihn gefangen zu setzen und ins Gefängnis zu bringen.

Light Years by Gary Kinder

A description of Wendelle Stevens found in a book called Light Years written by Gary Kinder which is about Billy Meier.

..."Lou Zinsstag and Wendelle Stevens had never met, though they frequently had exchanged photographs and information on UFO cases. During his thirty years of collecting and investigating, Stevens had acquired a reputation for having a knowledgeable eye when it came to analysing photographs. Zinsstag knew of that reputation, and in the summer of 1976, she had written to Stevens, telling him briefly about the Meier case and mentioning the photographs taken by this one-armed, unemployed security guard. Prior to her letter, Stevens had heard nothing of the Meier case, but he knew Zinsstag by reputation as well as through correspondence, and he doubted her fascination with the case was unfounded.

Though she was vague about their content, Zinsstag had twelve photographs she wanted Stevens to see; and instead of sending them by mail as she had often done in the past, she wanted to bring them herself from Switzerland to Stevens' home in Tucson.

In early September 1976, Zinsstag flew to the United States, accompanied by Timothy Good, to meet with some of the more prominent figures in American UFOlogy, and to conduct research on George Adamski. On the prearranged day, she called Stevens from the Greyhound bus station in Tucson, and Stevens picked them up, got them checked into a motel, then drove them out to his house. They first wanted to see Stevens' UFO library, which took up an entire wall of the living room, and another wall in his small study. In addition to the 700 volumes on UFOs collected from all over the world, thirty blue binders containing Stevens' collection of nearly 3,000 UFO photographs stood side by side in three tight rows.

Briefly, they discussed various cases, but Zinsstag cut short the small talk when she pulled a folder from her satchel. As Timothy Good remembered, "Lou brought a sort of 'dossier' on Meier." Inside the folder lay a large envelope, which she opened carefully, then slid out a small stack of 5 X 7 photos. As she began laying out each photograph neatly on Stevens' dining room table, Stevens took one look and whispered, "I have nothing in my collection that even comes near the quality of these prints."

When Stevens examined a UFO photograph, he looked first for relative focus, then for distance greying. "Distance attenuation is what I call it," he explained. "The further away an object is, the more moisture, smoke, and dust there will be in the atmosphere between it and the lens. [continue reading]

"Then, I would look for evidence of rephotographing. If it's got a fingerprint or specks on it, I turn it at an angle in the light. If what I'm looking at is not on the surface, then it's printed in the photograph, and that means that something preceded this picture. Also, the distance light travels has some relationship to the color that arrives at the lens. The closer the object is, the more red it appears; the further it is, the more blue. Another thing to look at is light scatter because the curved surface on a larger object scatters light differently than the sharply curved surface on a nearer object. A model can be perfectly realistic, but it will cast light differently."

Stevens examined each print carefully, holding it up to the light and tilting it. In thirty years of collecting and analysing photographs of UFOs, Meier's photos were the most spectacular he had ever seen. Rarely was a UFO photograph more than a single accidental shot taken with poor equipment by an amateur who had no time to make adjustments for proper lighting, speed, and focus. Extremely rare was the photo taken in daylight, or with the UFO below the horizon, or with multiple craft in the same picture. And no one had ever taken a continuing series of photographs of the same craft.

In the Meier photos, shiny silver disks, glinting from the sun, hovered in a blue sky above nearby hills and trees. A distinct red band encircled the upper convex rise on many of the sleekly contoured disks. Others were adorned with equally spaced knobs around the perimeter and a rococo dome on top. In all, Meier had photographs of six variations of spacecraft, each taken in daylight, some below the horizon, and some with two, three, even four spacecraft in the same picture. And each of the photos was the sharpest and clearest Stevens had ever seen. Timothy Good later remembered Stevens' reaction. "He became absolutely in the seventh heaven when Lou showed him the photographs. He was thrilled. Absolutely. Words to the effect, 'best pictures I've seen.'

"When Zinsstag and Good had called from the bus station late that morning, Stevens had been entertaining friends down from Phoenix, Lee and Brit Elders. Lee Elders had been a close friend of Stevens for five years and was aware of Stevens' reputation as a UFO investigator. He and Brit were mildly interested themselves, having been educated in the phenomenon by Stevens. No one could go to Stevens' house and see the fat three-ring binders filled with pictures of flying saucers and not have his curiosity piqued. That afternoon, though, the Meier photos that Lou Zinsstag spread across the dining table amazed the Elders as much as Stevens.

"Photographs of UFOs," said Brit, "are usually fuzzy little balls in the sky that have no definition. And they are so far away and so much out of focus, they could be just about anything."

She laughed. "Sure, somebody has taken a little tiny miniature setting, put it together, and filmed it. That's what that is."

"Actually, Lee used to laugh at my UFO hobby," recalled Stevens. "When he saw the photographs, his position was, 'Ah, they're fakes. Anybody could look at those and tell they're faces.' They looked pretty good to me, but I had run across a lot of good pictures that were fakes, so I kind of half agreed. But I thought, man, these are the best fakes I've ever seen. How did he do it?"

For the rest of the afternoon and into the evening, Stevens studied the photographs and listened to Zinsstag recount her experiences with Meier. She told him about Meier's living conditions in the Hinwil house, his wife and children, and the many people who came to see him. She explained her relationship with Meier and how she had acquired the photos. The man was poor, she said, had only one arm, and seemed sincere. How many pictures had he taken of the craft? Stevens wanted to know. Oh, replied Zinsstag, quite a few more. As he listened, Stevens perceived that Zinsstag was trying to relay a sense of the man and his experiences without telling the whole story, as though she were protecting Stevens from some sort of sensory overload. The pictures spoke for themselves, but it seemed that much of the story, perhaps most of it, remained untold. This perception intrigued Stevens.

The following morning, Zinsstag and Good left for Los Angeles. For the next year, Stevens corresponded with Zinsstag until he made contact with Meier himself and began a correspondence with him. Slowly, he realized that Meier had had more than a few contacts, that details of these contacts had been recorded, that perhaps many more, even hundreds of photographs existed, and that Meier may not have been the only one to have seen and experienced strange things in the forests surrounding Hinwil and now in the hills outside Schmidruti. In October 1977, a little over a year after Lou Zinsstag and Timothy Good had come to Tucson, Stevens decided the case was worth an on-site investigation, and he made arrangements to fly to Switzerland to meet Billy Meier.

"I'm just going to go over real quick and take a look," he told the Elders. He hoped to get prints of some of the Meier photographs for his collection, and mainly "to look the man in the eye to see if he's telling the truth." The Elders laughed. "Tell us what happens when you get there," they said.

Stevens flew to London, then took the train to Wiesbaden, Germany, where he delivered a UFO lecture. The next day, he took another train to Zurich, where he rented a car and began his drive to the Meier farm, as picturesque a drive as one could imagine. In October the green countryside lay dotted with the bright reds and yellows of turning leaves, and many tree trunks supported burlap sacks filled with fresh-picked apples and pears. On nearly every hillside roamed light grey dairy cows with the Glocke or the Treichle dangling from their necks, tinkling as they grazed. Already the farmers had stacked winter wood head high, the split logs forming a face as smooth as a puzzle. The Meier farm stood not so picturesque. Meier and his family had been living at the farm now for only six months. Mud still lay everywhere, and Stevens saw outbuildings standing askew, their roofs sagging. The main house, which shared a common wall with the barn, had no upstairs, only open rafters, and the roof leaked. The only bathroom facilities sat behind the house, a lean-to built over a pit. In the kitchen a pressure pump now brought in cold water from a holding tank, and Meier had wired the kitchen and the main room of the house with electricity for only two bare light bulbs. Most of the floors were still of dirt.

When Stevens arrived at the farm, he saw two cars with people waiting to see Meier, one from Munich, one from Berlin. A few young Europeans, hitch-hiking, or on bicycles or motorcycles, had pitched tents on the driest piece of ground they could find and lived there for a few days, working in the field or garden during the day, and talking to Meier in the evenings. Invited by the Meiers to stay at the farm if he liked, Stevens himself slept in a bedroll in the rafters above what used to be the barn. He felt that any case worth investigating deserved time, and it appeared that the Meier case deserved more than most. He wanted to get as close as he could.

A year earlier in Tucson, Zinsstag had told Stevens only that Meier had had more than one contact and that he had taken at least a dozen other photographs than the ones she had brought with her. In his first day at the farm, after meeting Meier and talking with a few other people, Stevens confirmed his earlier suspicion that Zinsstag had held back some of what she knew about the case to avoid overwhelming him at the outset.

Much to his surprise, Stevens found that Meier not only spoke passable English, but had a colourful way of expressing himself. When the two men met, Meier even offered him a challenge: he said he hoped the colonel would ask questions not asked by everyone else. "He had so many different faces coming and going," said Stevens, "and he had answered the same questions so many times for so many different people, he got sick of it. He didn't want to talk about it at all to outsiders because he'd explained to somebody else yesterday and somebody else the day before, and another one the day before, and another one the day before, and he didn't care. If you didn't ask the right questions, you didn't get the answers.

During his four days in Switzerland, Stevens accompanied Meier on several long walks into the forest behind the farm, and when the weather turned bad he sat with Meier in the kitchen for hours poring over photo albums and talking. When Stevens asked about recent pictures of the beamships, Meier gave him 130 photographic prints, charging him only for the cost of printing. Through an interpreter, Stevens also interviewed Popi, the children, and half a dozen other witnesses, including Jakobus, Hans Schutzbach, and Herbert's friend Harold Proch, who was visiting with his sister. Each had his or her own stories to tell, and each was so convinced the contacts were taking place that when Stevens asked if they believed them, the common answer was, "I don't believe. I know."

With the weather socked in, cold and damp, and visibility at the sites poor, the Gasthaus zum Freihof in Schmidruti provided Stevens with a quiet place to get away from the farm and sit in a warm parlour heated by a large wood stove. One grey morning, he retired to a table by the French windows that overlooked the road spiralling through the village, and began to read the background on the contacts. Meier's alleged experiences appeared to be far more complicated than a simple meeting three years earlier.

Stevens thumbed through the voluminous pages of contact notes, beginning with Meier's account of his first contact with Semjase, a Tuesday afternoon, 28th January 1975, in a field not far from Hinwil.

According to the notes, that January had been unseasonably warm in eastern Switzerland, and the winter had been unusually dry; little snow clung to the lower elevations. Meier wrote that in the early afternoon he had been at his house in Hinwil when the twinkle of a thought had entered his consciousness, and then words and symbols had formed a message, one he had been expecting but not quite so soon: he was to leave his house and bring with him a device for taking pictures.

Responding to the message, Meier had departed on his moped, taking with him an old Olympus 35mm camera with a broken viewfinder and a focus that jammed just short of infinity. He used this camera because the film advanced with a simple thumb-wheel he found easy to operate with his one hand.

On his motorbike, he had ridden aimlessly through the village, turning when the glimmer of a command directed him to. After an hour, he found himself far from the village, on a remote road bordering a nature conservancy where he received a final command to stop his motorbike and wait. After several minutes, a sudden stillness descended upon the meadow, and then a large disk-shaped object shot soundlessly through light clouds, slowed in a wide graceful arc, and crossed the meadow four or five hundred feet from where Meier stood aiming his camera. But the moment he snapped a picture, the disk had vanished. When the disk reappeared again, it hovered above a truck parked at the edge of the meadow, only a hundred feet from where Meier stood. He watched the disk suspended quietly no more than three hundred feet off the ground.

Meier estimated the disk to be about twenty-one feet in diameter, with reddish rectangles, like windows, encircling its upper mound. Beneath the craft, the hull, exceedingly old in appearance, seemed to undulate "as if little waves ran continuously through the lower side of the ship." The waves radiated downward, creating an aura around the truck. Meier took a second picture, and again the spacecraft abruptly broke its hovering pattern, rushed toward the east, and disappeared into the clouds.

Climbing onto his moped, Meier had then headed out across the meadow in the direction he had last seen the disk. Only moments passed before he felt a stillness suddenly descend upon the meadow. Then, the disk came streaking through the clouds again, faster than any jet Meier had ever seen. It dropped speed quickly, banked slowly over the forest, and began its descent toward the clearing. Meier took two more pictures as the craft, without a sound, dropped lower and lower, and then landed.

In the warm parlour of the Freihof, Stevens put down the notes and sipped his hot tea. The encounter Meier was about to describe in the notes, he now knew, was only the culmination of a series of phenomena in Meier's life that Meier claimed had been set in motion thirty-five years ago. Before he read further, Stevens wanted to question Meier about the earlier experiences.

Back in the kitchen at the farmhouse, Meier did not hesitate to tell Stevens the long story of his involvement with the Pleiadians, a story that began in his childhood. He said his first sighting of an alien spacecraft occurred one morning when he was only five and a half years old.

"This was in 1942 together with my father," said Meier. "He was behind the house under a walnut tree, it was summertime. When I saw the ship flying, it didn't necessarily seem strange to me. It did look strange in our world, but somehow I had the feeling that it was something familiar. It fell down from the sky, to the tower of the church, and then it came to us and left westward. It was very, very fast. Altogether, I watched it fall for maybe one and a half minutes, and then when it left westward, there were seconds only."

The object had reminded Meier of a huge discus, shooting overhead only 600 feet off the ground, completely soundless, and disappearing over the Horagenwald. He asked his father, "Daddy, what's happened here?" But his father only replied, "It's a secret weapon of Adolf Hitler." "I was thinking that can't be true," said Meier, "that's something else. I don't know if my father realized what he saw because he didn't bother with it any more. I started to watch the sky day and night."

Meier told Stevens that two months had passed before he again saw the silvery flying disk, this time descending slowly toward a field where he was playing alone. But as the disk neared the grassy surface, suddenly, without a sound, it had vanished. Within moments of the disk's vanishing, something "similar to a voice" arose inside Meier's head. Accompanied by the drawing of vivid pictures in his mind, the voice thereafter spoke to Meier once a day. It requested that he answer, and seek answers of his own.

"In the beginning, I didn't receive entire words or sentences," he explained to Stevens. "It was more like pictures. As time went by, these pictures became words and sentences. Later, I received messages in symbols. Once, I tried to draw one of these symbols, but I was not able to do it."

"Troubled by the voice and the pictures in his head, Meier had told Parson Zimmermann, the Protestant minister in the village, of the great flying disk he had seen and of the voice that had come into his head soon afterwards. Zimmermann had a reputation in the village as somewhat of a mystic, far more liberal in his thinking than the parochial outlook of his parishioners.

"I knew Parson Zimmermann," said Meier. "He was the family priest, and I used to play with his children. Another reason I probably went to see him was that even as a small child, I heard talk that he occupied himself with mystical matters. I told him about the experience I had together with my father, and then the voices I heard inside of me, the telepathic calls. That's why I went to him, because I though I was going crazy. I used to go after school; it was not far from the schoolhouse. He told me that he knew about these flying objects; back then, they were not called UFOs; this was nothing new to him. The people who flew in them would come from another world, not from earth. He told me that he understood this, but that he could not talk about it. He was a priest and he would shock the people. He told me to try to learn telepathy, to try to give answers. So I tried as I was told. After a few weeks, it worked, and I was able to answer. I remember very well that Father Zimmermann told me not to talk about it to anyone, otherwise everybody would say I was crazy."

Now, whenever he heard the voice speaking to him, the young Meier would try to direct his thoughts inward, and before long, he felt as if those thoughts made contact with something. "The first reaction from the other side," he recalled, "was like a gentle and fine laughter, which I heard deep inside of me and felt, pleasant and relaxing. I still hear that laughter, but I can't define it. It was a very lovely laughter." Then, the contact faded away once more, and Meier neither heard a voice nor realized pictures. Suddenly, all was quiet again.

On the 3rd of February 1944, Meier's seventh birthday, a new voice, low and clear, came into his conscious mind "and ordered me to learn and to collect knowledge transmitted to me." Meier feared that the clarity of this new voice meant he had finally succumbed to insanity.

"I was afraid because as a small boy, I hadn't any experience with the telepathic way. I again had to go to ask Parson Zimmermann what was happening, and he informed me, and I slowly understood."

The low, clear voice Meier now heard belonged to an entity named Sfath, whose thought transmitted teachings continued frequently through the summer of 1944. Then, one day in September, as Meier walked alone in a meadow, Sfath suddenly announced himself telepathically and told the boy he should wait there and not be afraid. "This was some time later and far from our home," said Meier. "It was three or four miles away behind a very big forest, a lonely place. There, I saw something falling down from the sky, very, very slow and it became bigger and bigger. It was something like a metallic pear.

Then, this ramp opened and it came out, going down like an elevator. I entered the ship and we went up very high above the earth. There was a very old man who looked to me like a patriarch. His name was Sfath. He was a human being, like each other one here on earth, only very old. We talked for hours, then he brought me back to the ground. The funny thing was, he knew my mother tongue better than I."

The venerable Sfath told Meier he would remain his spiritual mentor only through the early 1950s, when a much higher form of life would assume the responsibility for further teaching. Meier had been selected for a mission, but Sfath revealed only that decades would pass before the boy knew its nature. Until that time, Meier had to be prepared to meet with many things, some that would cause him again to question his sanity, others that might bring physical harm."

Source: Light Years Gary Kinder PDF (external), see Downloads.

Commemoration and celebration of his life

Source: FIGU Special Bulletin 57 Translation (Excerpt)

British English Schweizer Standarddeutsch FIGU.png

Handwriting tells - by Ruth Skylar Khan

Was die Handschrift verrät - von Ruth Skylar Khan
Certified master graphoanalyst Zertifizierte Grapho-Analystin (master graphoanalyst)
Translation: Mariann Uehlinger Mondria Übersetzung: Mariann Uehlinger Mondria
In Memoriam Lt. Col. Wendelle Stevens (USAF, ret.)

Zum Andenken an Lt. Col. Wendelle Stevens (USAF, ret.)

Our friend Wendelle Stevens, UFO research pioneer, passed away 7th September, at home in Tucson. A service with full military honours was held at Southern Arizona Veterans Memorial Cemetery, Fort Huachuca, on 16th September. Unserer Freund, Wendelle Stevens, UFO-Forschungspionier, starb am 7. September 2010 in seinem Haus in Tuscon, Arizona. Eine Gedenkfeier mit allen militärischen Ehren fand am 16. September im Southern Arizona Veterans Memorial Cemetery, Fort Huachuca statt.
A long time resident of Tucson, Stevens was one of the most respected researchers in the field of unidentified flying objects. Some twenty years ago he hosted the very first ever UFO World Congress in Tucson. It attracted people from the North and South Americas, Europe, and Asia. He is considered by far the most influential investigative reporter on the subject. Stevens, der viele Jahre in Tucson lebte, war einer der angesehensten Forscher im Bereich der unbekannten fliegenden Objekte. Vor etwas mehr als 20 Jahren veranstaltete er den ersten UFO-Weltkongress in Tucson, der Menschen aus Nord- und Südamerika, Europa und Asien anzog. Er gilt als der bei weitem einflussreichste Berichterstatter auf diesem Gebiet.

Born in 1923 in Round Prairie, Minn., Stevens enlisted in the U.S. Army in 1941 and was transferred to the Air Corps in 1942. He was trained as a fighter pilot and served in the Pacific Theatre during World War II. Later, Lt. Col. Stevens was reassigned to Air Technical Intelligence Center (ATIC) at Wright Field. JJFO projects Sign, Grudge, and Blue Book were also under ATIC at that time. Geboren 1923 in Round Prairie, Minnesota, verpflichtete sich Stevens 1941 bei der US-Armee und wurde 1942 ins Fliegerkorps versetzt. Er wurde als Jagdflieger ausgebildet, und während des Zweiten Weltkrieges leistete er Dienst am pazifischen Kriegsschauplatz. Später wurde Lt. Col. Stevens dem Air Technical Intelligence Center (ATIC) bei Wright Field zugeteilt. Die UFO-Projekte Sign, Grudge und Blue Book gehörten damals auch zum ATIC.
In 1947, Stevens was sent from ATIC to the Alaskan frontier. It was there that he first encountered stories of UFOs and became interested in the subject that would eventually become a lifelong quest. A little known fact about the man is that when Stevens was serving in the USAF, he was ordered to attend military language school at MAAG (military assistance and advisory group) and then was sent to serve as a major in the Bolivian Air Force. Subsequently, he was bestowed the honour of becoming a Caballero del Condor de los Andes by order of the government of Bolivia. 1947 wurde Stevens von ATIC an die Front in Alaska versetzt. Dort begegnete er erstmals Geschichten über UFOs und begann sich dafür zu interessieren, woraus letztlich eine lebenslange Suche wurde. Nur wenig bekannt ist, dass Stevens den Befehl erhielt, die militärische Sprachschule der MAAG (military assistance and advisory group) zu besuchen, während er in der USAF (US Air Force) diente. Anschliessend wurde er nach Bolivien versetzt, um als Major in der Bolivianischen Luftwaffe zu dienen. In der Folge erhielt er im Auftrag der Bolivianischen Regierung die Auszeichnung Caballero de Condor de los Andes.
Stevens retired from the USAF in 1963 and worked for Hamilton Aircraft until 1972. According to a pilot attending the service, Stevens was also a test pilot, due to his fearless attitude and vast flying experience. "Wendelle survived six plane crashes that were not considered survivable” said his friend of 40 years. It was not until his retirement from the USAF that Stevens dedicated his life to ongoing investigations of crashes and sightings of UFOs. He tirelessly travelled around the world to interview and research reports throughout the United States, Europe, Canada, South America and China. Stevens zog sich 1963 aus dem Dienst der US-Luftwaffe zurück und arbeitete bis 1972 für Hamilton Aircraft. Gemäss einem Piloten, der an der Gedenkfeier teilnahm, war Stevens aufgrund seiner Furchtlosigkeit und grossen Flugerfahrung auch Testpilot. «Wendelle hat sechs Flugzeugabstürze überlebt, die als nicht überlebbar betrachtet wurden», sagte sein Freund, der mit ihm 40 Jahre befreundet war. Erst nach dem Ausscheiden aus der US-Luftwaffe widmete Stevens sein Leben den laufenden Ermittlungen von UFO-Abstürzen und UFO-Sichtungen. Er reiste unermüdlich in der Welt umher, um Menschen zu befragen und Berichte zu erforschen, und zwar sowohl in den Vereinigten Staaten wie auch in ganz Europa, Kanada, Südamerika und China.
In his 56 years of UFO and ET contact research, he has collected more than 4,000 photographs of actual unidentified flying objects. In den 56 Jahren, während denen er UFO-Sichtungen und Kontakte Ausserirdischer erforschte, sammelte er mehr als 4000 Photographien aktuell unbekannter fliegender Objekte.
Stevens has supplied many of the UFO pictures seen in movies and UFO magazines. Stevens lieferte viele der UFO-Bilder, die in Filmen und UFO-Magazinen gesehen werden können.
"Wendelle has forgotten more about UFOs than I will ever know!" said host Bob Brown of the latest UFO Congress in Laughlin, Nev. «Wendelle hat viel mehr über UFOs vergessen, als ich jemals wissen werde», sagte Bob Brown, Veranstalter des letzten UFO Kongresses in Laughlin, Nevada.
Wendelle Stevens has written and co-authored more than 20 books on extensive UFO contact cases, and lectured widely on investigations. Wendelle Stevens hat mehr als 20 Bücher über umfangreiche UFO-Kontakt-Fälle geschrieben und mitverfasst und hielt an zahlreichen Orten Vorträge über die Ermittlungen.
Among the many books authored by Stevens are UFO Contact from the Pleiades (and subsequent Supplementary Investigation) about the famous Eduard 'Billy' Meier case in Switzerland. Stevens was a contributor to the UFO Crash at Aztec, N.M. book. He wrote UFO Contact from Reticulum, and many more. Following is an exemplar of Wendelle Steven's Handwriting, submitted in 2009 for graphological analysis. Zu den vielen Büchern, die Stevens hervorbrachte, gehörten ‹UFO Contact from the Pleiades› (und anschliessende Nachforschungen) über den berühmten Eduard-‹Billy›-Meier-Fall in der Schweiz. Stevens war Mitwirkender des Buches ‹UFO Crash at Aztec, New Mexico› und er hat ‹UFO Contact from Reticulum› geschrieben und viele andere.

Wendelle's Writing.jpg

The overall impression of Wendelle's personality and character from the handwriting submitted reveals him to be a man of integrity. Der aus Wendelle Stevens Handschrift vermittelte Gesamteindruck seiner Persönlichkeit und seines Charakters zeigt ihn als einen Mann der Integrität.
Angularity and size of the communication letters m, n, h and r reveal the researcher in Wendelle. He prefers to investigate for himself and draw conclusions based on firsthand experience rather than on what someone else tells him. He relies on his own efforts to report research findings in a forthright manner. Selfreliance is evidenced in the underlining of the signature. Die Winkligkeit und Grösse der verbindenden Buchstaben m, n, h und r offenbaren den Forscher in Wendelle. Er zieht es vor, selbst zu recherchieren und Schlüsse zu ziehen aufgrund von Erster-Hand-Erfahrungen, statt aus dem, was andere ihm erzählen. Wenn er in seiner offenen und ehrlichen Weise über Forschungsergebnisse berichtet, stützt er sich auf eigene Bemühungen. Ein Unterstreichen der Unterschrift beweist Eigenständigkeit.
The body of text is mostly print-writing which allows for control in an otherwise spontaneous personality. A rightward slant, combined with heavy pen pressure, are indicators that impulses may be restrained when necessary and dealt with at an appropriate time and place. Der Textkörper ist grösstenteils in Druckschrift, was bei einer sonst spontanen Persönlichkeit Kontrolle ermöglicht. Eine Rechtsneigung, zusammen mit einem festen Druck der Feder, sind Indikatoren, dass Impulse wenn nötig zurückgehalten werden können, um sich zur geeigneten Zeit und am geeigneten Ort damit zu befassen.
Down strokes in the writing are straight and devoid of tremor, thus telling us that the writer is positive in the statements he makes and also that he enjoyed good health at the age of 86, the time when the specimen was penned. Die Abwärtsstriche in der Handschrift sind gerade und zitterfrei, was uns sagt, dass der Schreiber bestimmt ist in seinen Aussagen, und auch, dass er im Alter von 86 Jahren – als die Schriftprobe geschrieben wurde – eine gute Gesundheit genoss.
The forward slant in the body of writing is mirrored in the signature. He consistently takes into consideration the thoughts and feelings of other beings. He is reliable and dependable. Die Vorwärtsneigung im Schriftkörper ist auch in der Unterschrift zu sehen. Ständig berücksichtigt er die Gedanken und Gefühle anderer Menschen. Er ist vertrauenswürdig und verlässlich.
The overall impression of this interesting handwriting is that one can be assured of accurate reporting and descriptions in Wendelle's books and articles. Several books are out of print and some have become collectors' items. Der Gesamteindruck dieser interessanten Handschrift ist der, dass man sicher sein kann, in Wendelles Büchern und Artikeln akkurate Berichterstattungen und Beschreibungen vorzufinden. Manche Bücher sind vergriffen und manche sind Sammlerstücke geworden.
As you read Wendelle's handwritten message, you will find the answer to the question of whether UFOs are real and where we Earthlings may be headed in the near future. Beim Lesen von Wendelles handgeschriebener Botschaft werden Sie die Antwort zur Frage finden, ob UFOs real sind und wohin wir Erdlinge in der nahen Zukunft unterwegs sein werden.
We are grateful to Wendelle's immense contributions in the world of UFOs and wish him Bon Voyage through space and time, and may we meet again somewhere soon, perhaps in a parallel Universe! Wir sind Wendelle dankbar für seine grossen Beiträge in der Welt der UFOs und wünschen ihm gute Reise durch Zeit und Raum, und mögen wir uns bald wieder irgendwo begegnen, vielleicht in einem ParallelUniversum!

Further Reading

  • Wendelle Stevens archive: Towards the end of his life, he transferred his extensive photo collection, library and archives to openminds Wendelle Stevens archive, and with the clarifications given by Ptaah in Contact Report 709, this might be where you’ll find those terrestrial military UFO’s if openminds.tv has dug them out of his archive successfully. Wendelle Stevens went to prison for the collection.

Links and navigationFuture FIGU.pngf Mankind

Contact Report Index Meier Encyclopaedia
n A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z